Monday, September 12, 2011

Carnival Cufflinks DIY

A few weeks ago I styled a Carnival shoot which will appear on The Pretty blog soon. While sourcing for mens accessories I realised that there was not a lot of options for funky bow ties or cufflinks in the shops. The ones you do get are so over priced and I decided to make my own bow ties and cufflinks. I went fabric hunting and found the most amazing prints.

When I got home I started with the bow ties and I had a pair of plain round cufflinks and I thought to myself how nice it would have been to have funky cufflinks to match these cute bow ties. Immediately a DIY project came to mind and I started playing around with ideas. So here is my take on how to transform your old cufflinks into funky ones to match your wedding theme and style.

 Here is how you can make your own funky cufflinks:

1. 1 pair of plain or old cufflinks
2. You need a needle, thin elastic thread and 2 round circles cut out from the fabric you want to use.
3. Thread a fine stitch along the border of the circle a few millimeters from the edge.
4. Place the fabric over the cufflink and pull the elastic tight and tie a knot to secure the fabric. Trim the access elastic and fabric pieces.
5. One can mix and match any of the cufflinks with the bow ties with a formal Double cuff shirt to complete your signature look.
6. Final look of the bow tie and cufflink on a light blue formal shirt.

Tips:
The fabric can easily be removed and replace by a different fabric or pattern to match your tie or bow tie. This is a cheap and easy way to transform your old cufflinks into funky new ones to match any occasion and theme.

Hope you enjoy this one...keep your eyes open for the Carnival shoot with LUV photography and Blank-Canvas.

xx



1 comment:

  1. i know i’m a little off topic, but i just wanted to say i love the layout of your blog. i’m new to the blogegine platform, so any suggestions on getting my blog looking nice would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...